THINK TANK INFORMATION
The 2018 Conscious Media Think Tank: “The Future of Conscious
Media: Return on Inspiration, Insight and Investment”
Working Together We Can:
- accelerate the growth of the Conscious Media industry
- maximize revenue potential from the Conscious Media market
- increase viral/word-of-mouth marketing and audience engagement
- enhance brand recognition and favorability
- stimulate jobs and careers within the entertainment and related industries
- catalyze a positive shift in consciousness with positive and inspired content
March 23-25, 2018 – Los Angeles, CA
The Value and Potential Outcomes
This Think Tank can make a large impact. It could be a catalyst for any of these potential outcomes:
- A website and regular news bulletin about the Conscious Media market.
- A Conscious Media directory cataloging available and up-coming titles for both industry and audiences.
- A social networking site for fans and consumers.
- Regularly scheduled meet-ups on studio lots for anyone interested in Conscious Media.
- A white paper on the Conscious Media market.
- A social networking site and/or directory for industry professionals in the Conscious Media market.
- A Conscious Media filmmaker mentorship program.
- A Conscious Media film fund.
- Similar to Movieguide’s program, a Conscious Media “Good Housekeeping-type” seal of approval, and awards, for qualifying media.
- A program for spiritual centers to easily access rights to content for use in their classes/seminars/sermons.
- Spiritual centers commit to creating a Communication Director position for Conscious Media, similar to what Christian churches have.
- A Conscious Media convention mirroring the Christian National Religious Broadcaster’s annual meeting, Proclaim.
- An Ambassador program to educate studios, agencies, guilds, and filmmakers about the market and positive impact of Conscious Media
- And more…
Overall Goal: To envision and build a successful future for a profitable and impactful Conscious Media Market.
Participants will leave the Think Tank with a clear understanding of what the common goals are, what the desired future is, who will implement the necessary action steps, how to engage the larger community, and how reporting the results will take place.
The Method – Future Search
The method itself is called Future Search. It is an proven and dynamic open-forum process with an over 20-year legacy of helping communities and companies imagine a common future and come up with game plans to make it happen.
As reported in the HuffPost by a participant, “Future Search is radical – it embraces complexity. It is democracy in action. It is collaboration for good, for progress. It’s a methodology for developing common ground.”
For example, the UN uses it frequently. Most notably in the Sudan, to work with highly antagonistic government leaders, families and high-ranking military officials to create an extremely successful child disarmament plan which everyone previously thought was impossible. A torn community in Detroit struggling with homelessness and neighborhood neglect used it to find common ground and turn themselves into a thriving, win-win enterprise. Conscious Capitalist companies like IKEA and Whole Foods use it when launching a new product line or planning their next five years.
It uses whole-system thinking. It brings people from each important stakeholder sector into the room. It uses a highly crafted system based on group dynamics, community building, psychology, and more to create a think-tank-type event where everyone’s voice is heard, all points are considered, and all data and wisdom is valued.
Future Search works: It effectively focuses the community on the next steps, which can be taken without further delay. Because participants also end up with a common understanding about the whole context, they should also be in much better position to support the actions resulting from the workshop.
For more information click here
The Eight Stakeholder Groups
The eight stakeholder groups are:
- Creators: Concept Stage
- Creators: Production Stage
- Content Developers
- Marketers/Public Relations
Why 64 Participants?
The Conscious Media Think Tank is using the proven effective Future Search model. According to their scientific research, in the field testing over 20 years, and our personal experience, it is best to have 64 participants – eight people representing eight stakeholder groups. This group size is ideal to do the deep work necessary to find solutions which everyone benefits from, even in the larger community.
See more info about Future Search above.
Who Is Attending?
The participants will include both men and women from studios, networks, distributors, agencies, universities, organizations and major brands as well as high-profile and indie writers, directors and producers.
Each participant has Authority, Resources, Expertise, Information and Need as it relates to the Conscious Media Market.
For more information click here.
A Future Search workshop is a full, two-day workshop conducted over three consecutive days. It begins in the afternoon on the first day and completes by noon on the third day. This allows attendees for two evenings and nights to reflect on the day’s learnings and use these reflections as a basis for action. The agenda for such a workshop is:
- Day 1 Thursday, Nov 9th, Afternoon—”Past—where we’ve been?’
- Day 2 Friday, Nov 10th, Morning—”Present—where we are?”
- Day 2 Friday, Nov 10th, Afternoon—”Future—what we want?”
- Day 3 Saturday, Nov 11th, Morning—”Common Ground and Action—how we get there?”
Over the three days, a dynamic develops which necessarily leads the participants to action. The sections about the past and the present develop a common understanding of the problems but also of the capacity of the community. The section about the future allows for goal setting. In the final section, common ground and action, the foundation laid by the three prior sections is tested, and activities are planned to achieve the set goals. Common ground is identified and utilized to block out those issues on which the participants cannot readily agree, in favor of clearly defined actions, which gain momentum through the workshop.
The Duration - Two and a Half Days
Future Search helps catapults the issue at hand leagues ahead. To those unfamiliar with the Future Search process, the two and a half days might seem like a long commitment. However, the time allotment has proven to ensure success. It is assured that outcomes and benefits will pay off for everyone involved. Additionally, it is a great way to meet like-minded people, build relationships across the industry, and put the necessary rocket-fuel behind common-ground goals and agendas.
See “The Method – Future Search” above for more information.